Emerging Artist Program
We are seeking a full quartet of singers: Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Tenor and Baritone (or Bass).
Applicants should be US based. No age limit.
How To Apply
Received By Mon Jan 10, 2022
- Resume or CV
- Video samples (minimum two, recorded within the last year) – Please note: Audio samples will not be accepted nor considered.
Recording requirements (please read carefully):
- Video only
- Videos should have been recorded within the last year
- Recordings of a performance, recital or concert are acceptable
- Selections must be sung from memory
- Each piece must be submitted as a separate video. It is preferred that videos be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.
- If using a piano track, headphones are acceptable in the video.
- Editing: We realize that some editing may be needed to sync audio & video tracks. This is acceptable but no more than this please.
Application materials may be submitted electronically (preferred) to: EAP@operaidaho.org
Boise, Idaho USA
2022-2023 Season Information
The 2022-2023 season for Opera Idaho has not yet been officially announced. We are assuming that we will be able to operate our next season as normal and are remaining flexible in our upcoming plans. The 2022-2023 season will mark Opera Idaho’s 50th Anniversary.
September 01, 2022 – April 19, 2023
Opera Idaho is pleased to call for applicants for its Emerging Artist Program for the 2022-2023 season. Opera Idaho is looking for four vocalists, all voice types are encouraged to apply. The dates of the program are expected to be September 1, 2022, through April 19, 2023, with a release during December for the holidays. These dates are subject to change based on the season calendar. Please understand that with the ongoing pandemic, we are very conscious of singer safety. Offers will be contingent on current pandemic case load along with following state and federal guidelines.
Participants will: Cover main stage roles as needed, fulfill comprimario roles as needed, and participate in choruses. Perform in our Education Engagement Program, and other performances as agreed upon (i.e., Operatini, Auction of Arias, and other special performances).
Payment is provided
Housing is provided. Please note that housing may be in a host home. Safety protocols will be followed for both singer and host. These protocols do include inoculation against COVID-19 and will be required for both singer and host.
Transportation reimbursement up to $800
Health and Dental insurance after 60 days.
Weekly coaching sessions with teaching or guest artists.
Please direct all inquiries to: