Volunteer Appreciation Event
The Volunteer Appreciation Event is an annual event in which the staff gives back to our wonderful volunteers. We are a small staff and often rely on the kindness of those willing to donate their time to help us throughout the year. This event is also a great way for us to welcome new volunteers to Opera Idaho as we talk about our plans for the season and possible upcoming volunteering opportunities. Of course, we will also have a special performance from one or more of our Resident Company members.
Would You Like to Volunteer?
Become a part of the magic! Opera Idaho is looking for Opera lovers who want to work behind the scenes and volunteer to help bring the Opera to life!
As an Opera Idaho volunteer, you will have the opportunity to…
- Attend a volunteer kick-off event in the early fall
- Participate in committees
- Attend volunteer socials
- Attend and assist at Opera Idaho special events
- Plan signature events and fundraisers
- Assist with various office tasks
- Meet international opera stars
- Set and achieve goals for the opera
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Information Form at the bottom of this page.
Volunteer of the Year
Once a year, the staff chooses a volunteer that goes above and beyond to help wherever needed.
- 2019-2020 Bae Emilson
- 2018-2019 Heather, Casidee & Abygail Ballantyne
- 2017-2018 Carla Fromm & Ellen McKinney
- 2016-2017 Susan Jones
- 2015-2016 Ivana Gigante
- 2014-2015 Regina Montenegro
- 2013-2014 Rose-Marie & Max Bearden and Alize Norman
- 2012-2013 Vicke Lee
- 2011-2012 Mike Stanton
- 2010-2011 Trish Ebsworth and Marvin Hansen
- 2009-2010 Dan Monasterio & Eric Jones
- 2008-2009 Jimsi Kuborn and Stan Fornander
- 2007-2008 Bernadette Bonaminio
- 2006-2007 Leslie Garrett
Thank You to Our Volunteers!
Last season was very successful for Opera Idaho, and that is in large part due to our dedicated group of local volunteers.
Rose Marie & Max Bearden
Phoebe J. Boelter
Joan & Phil Ehrstein
Thomas J. Katsilometes
Christopher H. Meyer
Laura C. Rushing-Raynes
Laura C. Simic
Thomas J. South
We routinely acknowledge our volunteers in printed materials – if you do not want to be listed, please let us know as well.