Donate using your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account by using by using the button below:
Donations can also be made by calling Merri at 208-345-3531 ext. 2 or mailed to Opera Idaho at 513 South 8th St., Boise, ID 83702.
Other Ways to Help Opera Idaho
If you are 70 ½ years of age or older, you have the chance to transfer up to $100,000 each year to charity from your IRA without it being treated as a taxable distribution. If you want to make a qualifying transfer, contact your IRA Administrator and instruct that person to transfer funds to Opera Idaho. Also consider naming Opera Idaho as a remainder beneficiary of your retirement accounts. Please let us know if you do to be welcomed as a member of our Bel Canto Legacy Society.
- The gifts must be outright, and no material benefits can be received in return for the gifts.
- The gift is not included in taxable income, and no charitable deduction is allowed.
- The gift can be made only from an IRA. Gifts from 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans are not permitted.
- This may be the right gift for you to make if:
- Your IRA constitutes the largest share of your available assets.
- You are required to take a minimum distribution from your IRA, but do not need additional income.
- You would like to make an additional charitable gift, but it would not be deductible because of the annual limitation of 50 percent of adjusted gross income for charitable contributions. The IRA charitable rollover is equivalent to a deduction because it is not included in taxable income.
Your gift may be eligible for a match from your employer. Check with your employer to see if they have a matching program in place. Any employer-matched gifts count towards your giving level increasing your benefits.
You can support Opera Idaho through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF). A DAF, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to Opera Idaho. In return, you qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account. Donors can contribute to the fund as frequently as they like, and then recommend grants to their favorite charities whenever makes sense for them.
Opera Idaho is a non-profit 501(c)3, and our tax ID number is 23-7331238.
Opera Idaho can also be named as a remainder beneficiary of your donor-advised fund. Please let us know if you do so that we can recognize you as a member of our Bel Canto Legacy Society.
One of the most cost-effective ways to support Opera Idaho is with shares of stock that have increased in value since their purchase or acquisition. By making a gift of appreciated stock, you may qualify for a tax deduction based on the fair market value of the stock and avoid capital gains tax. We encourage you to speak with your financial advisor about how to manage your stock gifts.
For proper handling, please notify Opera Idaho prior to transferring stock. Contact Stephanie Derentz, Director of Development & Marketing, at 208-345-3531 ext. 4 or at email@example.com to notify Opera Idaho of your intent to transfer or for questions.
Stock Transfer Information:
DTC code: 0141
Account #: 3304-1844
Account name: Opera Idaho
Please indicate your name in the memo
Opera Idaho’s federal tax ID # is 23-7331238
Help Opera Idaho earn a donation by linking your Rewards Card number to our NPO number 90238. This doesn’t cost you anything, and it does not affect your Reward Points, Fuel Points or Rebates. This is just a way for you to tell Fred Meyer that you want Opera Idaho to receive a donation every time you shop at any of its stores.
Supporting Opera Idaho through Amazon Smile is incredibly easy. just use Smile.Amazon.com for all your Amazon.com shopping. Click on Start Shopping. After you check out, Amazon will automatically donate 0.5% of your purchase cost to Opera Idaho. It costs you nothing!