In the 2017-2018 season, Opera Idaho established its Young Artists program. Renamed to Emerging Artists in 2020. The Emerging Artists program is designed to provide training and performance experience for talented singers at the beginning of their professional careers. From September 2020 through April 2021, these artists will be placed in a nurturing environment, treated as professionals and provided with compensation and a comfortable place to live.
During the 2020-2021 season the new class of Emerging Artists will tour the Treasure Valley and surrounding areas with our school outreach program, introducing students in grades K through 12 to opera. They will also be filling smaller roles in our mainstage operas as well as serve as understudies for the lead roles, as well as participate in smaller performances throughout the season.
Applications closed for the 2020-2021 season.
For information on the program contact email@example.com.
For more details:
Sponsor an Emerging Artist
Sponsor one of the 2020-2021 Opera Idaho Young Artists: $5,000
- Sponsor’s name tied to the Emerging Artist of your choice in printed & web marketing materials throughout the 2020/2019 Season
- Recognition of sponsorship on the supertitle screen prior to performances
- Verbal recognition of sponsorship at any Emerging Artist specific programs including the fall recital in Boise and McCall, Operatinis and the free education outreach performances
- A 30-minute performance by your sponsored Emerging Artist in your home or at an event of your choosing
- Invitation to a Emerging Artist meet & greet event exclusive for sponsors which includes wine, appetizers and a chance to attend a rehearsal
Your sponsorship helps Opera Idaho provide the following benefits for the four Emerging Artists while in the program:
- Financial compensation
- Housing and transportation assistance
- Health insurance
- Coaching sessions with professional vocal coaches
- Performance opportunities to help build their résumé
2020-2021 Emerging Artists
This pandemic has affected our ability to have an Emerging Artists program. The artists who were slated to be here for that program have opted not to travel to Idaho at this time. They would have performed in comprimario roles, and in our education engagement programs.