In Good Taste
An evening of opera, food and wine, benefiting Opera Idaho. You’ll enjoy a 3-course dinner by Open Table with wine pairings by Cinder. Dessert Auction to Follow.
Date: Saturday, June 22, 2019
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Cinder Wines– 107 E. 44th St., Garden City, ID 83714
Tickets: $150 per person
Menu & Cinder Wine Pairings:
- Passed Appetizers- Bulgogi Bites and Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho.
- 2018 Cinsault Rosé
- Amuse Bouche- Polenta coins with chevre and fresh cherry-basil relish.
- 2018 Laissez Faire Red
- Salad- Grilled plum salad with organic baby greens, spiced almonds and rhubarb balsamic vinaigrette.
- 2018 Dry Viognier
- Main Course- Combination plate with grilled Idaho trout with fresh lemon-chive butter and rosemary chicken breast with morel-white wine sauce. Served with herbed potatoes and grilled asparagus.
- Choice of 2017 Syrah or 2017 Chardonnay
- Gourmet dessert auction to follow featuring a specially-paired bottle of Cinder wine with each dessert.
Featuring a performance of Jake Heggie’s opera At the Statue of Venus starring soprano Jena Carpenter.
At the Statue of Venus is inspired by the great concert scenes of Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, and Britten: an attractive woman waits in a museum by a statue of the Goddess of Love to meet a man she has never seen.